Saturday, March 19, 2016

Uploading a compressed file (.rar) in google drive can cause internet slowdown.


I once stumble upon on a situation wherein my internet connection came in to crawl. It was a normal day when I am uploading a file, a file that I have compressed using winrar, then after a while (about less than an hour) I have noticed that my uploading came into a halt. I noticed that my internet is very slow. So, what I did next is, I reset my router and my modem, then I came back into my table. 

But then I noticed that my internet is still crawling, I also noticed that my uploading session came into a halt again. What I happened next is unexpected to me, it was the first time that I encountered this kind of situation since the first day that I am using my google drive for storing files online. I tried to ping my Primary DNS, my Secondary DNS, and my Default Gateway and all of them gave me a "request timed out" reply.

While the ping test is ongoing my uploading is also ongoing. What I did next is, I cancelled my uploading session and close google chrome then I noticed after I cancelled my upload and closed google chrome then I opened it again makes my internet goes back to normal. I tried again to begin my upload and then it did make my internet came into a crawl. I tried it over and over again and it proved that it did make an internet slowdown.


Note:
I am using Google Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 m, Windows 7 Pro, and a winrar file for uploading when this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment