Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Computer Kept on Entering UEFI Interface

This article originally appeared on my Steemit blog

Just yesterday a co-employee of mine called me because her computer kept on entering UEFI interface. When I arrived at her computer it is indeed entering UEFI at its own after I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Del.

But I did not immediately notice that a thick folder is on top of the Enter key in her keyboard's Number Pad.

I immediately removed the folder then I restarted the computer again, and voila, her computer booted normally.

Her computer's motherboard is ASUS that mostly uses the "Del" key to access UEFI interface. But I was surprised that the Enter key in the number pad triggers the UEFI interface.

I know that most of the time Windows or the CPU itself will not be able to boot normally whenever a key on the keyboard is stuck.

This is the first time that I saw a stuck Enter key was able to trigger UEFI interface.

So, guys, whenever you turn on your computer, be it a laptop or desktop make sure that no foreign object is on top of your keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment